AccelaSchool, a Pennsylvania limited liability company (“Company” or ”We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the Company’s web based services, including any content, functionality and services offered on or through www.accelaschool.com (and subdomains thereof) (the “Website Services”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
The Website Services are not intended for children under 18 years of age, except for minors who are proven to us to be legally emancipated. No one under age 18, except for legally emancipated minors, may provide any information to or on the Website Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18, except for legally emancipated minors. Unless you are a legally emancipated minor, if you are under 18, do not use or provide any information to or on the Website Services. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, unless the minor is proven to us to be legally emancipated, we will delete that information.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about you and, if applicable, your children on the Website Services, including information by which you or, if applicable, your children may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, social security number, health information, financial information (“personal information”);
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Information that you provide regarding you, your children, or your students by filling in forms on our Website Services. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website Services, posting material, or requesting further services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) or transmitted to other users of the Website Services, primarily the applicable school districts as a parent, and the students as a school district (collectively, “User Content”). USER CONTENT IS POSTED ON THE WEBSITE SERVICES AND TRANSMITTED TO OTHERS AT YOUR OWN RISK. ALTHOUGH WE LIMIT ACCESS TO USER CONTENT, PLEASE BE AWARE THAT NO SECURITY MEASURES ARE PERFECT OR IMPENETRABLE. ADDITIONALLY, WE CANNOT CONTROL THE ACTIONS OF OTHER USERS OF THE WEBSITE SERVICES WITH WHOM YOU MAY CHOOSE TO SHARE YOUR USER CONTENT. THEREFORE, WE CANNOT AND DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT YOUR USER CONTENT WILL NOT BE VIEWED BY UNAUTHORIZED PERSONS.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Website Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website Services, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website Services.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways. It helps us to improve our Website Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present the Website Services to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website Services.
- To send you non-marketing commercial communications.
- To send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter).
- To send you marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications).
- To keep our website secure and prevent fraud.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
- To affiliates, subsidiaries, contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations or have agreed to keep personal information confidential and, if applicable, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of AccelaSchool’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by AccelaSchool about our Website Services users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To protect user security or the security of other persons, consistent with applicable law.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, disclosure and destruction.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website Services.
You can contact us:
- by US MAIL, using the postal address PO Box 104, Presto PA 15142;
- using our website contact form;
- by telephone, on the contact number published on our website; or
- by email, using the email address published on our website.